Have some fun with these!
10. Play a slow, drowsy tune for about 16 bars and then pretend to lose your place. Its amazing that your awake and alert teacher can be so lost as well.
9. Sing along as you play. Sing the tune to “Twinkle, Twinkle” off pitch with everything.
8. Every time your teacher leaves the room to look for some music, turn the studio clock back 5 minutes to prolong the agony.
7. Play in the cracks of the keys.
6. Send your twin brother or sister along for the next lesson.
5. Insist on playing everything in Waltz tempo.
4. Keep asking where middle C is.
3. Insist on playing the pedals with your hands.
2. Whenever you play badly mention how good your previous teacher was.
1. Crack your knuckles after every eight bars.
Adapted from some old photocopy I can’t identify.